Rockcrit and A-Mama Ann Powers thinks way too hard sometimes

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oh Very Young


Lily Allen in today's Pitchfork:


Beyonce: "Irreplaceable

"That's one of my favorite songs. I've been listening to lots of old music."


This is a semantic error, right? She does also say she likes Gerry Rafferty. I'll always think of "Stuck in the Middle With You" as music to cut ears by.....


MR. BLONDE: Now I'm not gonna bullshit you. I don't really care about what you know or don't know. I'm gonna torture you for awhile regardless. Not to get information, but because torturing a cop amuses me. There's nothing you can say,there's nothing you can do.Except pray for death.


He puts a piece of tape over the cop's mouth.

COP'S POV
Mr. Blonde walks away from the cop.


MR. BLONDE: Let's see what's on K-BILLY'S"super sounds of the seventies"weekend.
He turns on the radio.


Stealer's Wheel's hit "Stuck in the Middle with You" PLAYS over the speaker.


NOTE: This entire sequence is timed to the music.


Mr. Blonde slowly walks toward the cop.
He opens a large knife.
He grabs a chair, places it in front of the cop and sits in it.
Mr. Blonde just stares into the cop's/our face, holding the knife, singing along with the song.
Then, like a cobra, he LASHES out.


A SLASH across the face.


The cop/camera moves around wildly.


Mr. Blonde just stares into the cop's/our face, singingalong with the seventies hit.
Then he reaches out and CUTS OFF the cop's/our ear.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ann, I'm sorry but I DON"T GET IT????? Am I missing some very important info here?

1:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem, but I have to cover my eyes when I hear that song now. If I am driving, this gets messy.

It does get me a lifetime pass on the rest of Tarantino's work, having seen RDogs at a sneak with no idea of what was coming.

8:21 PM

 
Blogger michael a. gonzales said...

classic...

12:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I feel really ridiculous posting this as a comment on your blog. My internet-age rearing should have taught me to be more savvy and I should have your real e-mail address by now. But I don't. And I'm writing a paper about Sassy magazine for a class and I was hoping I could maybe interview you for it.
If this is a possibility, you can contact me at heather_robertson2@emerson.edu.

Thanks,
Heather

10:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gerry rafferty! for some reason "right down the line" has been running through my brain for four straight, not entirely unpleasant, days...

maybe he'll make it to coachella next year.

7:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...What else is music, but sounds to live and celebrate and suffer and die by?

10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home